select a State to view locations
Gas Grill Winter Storage Tips
Winter is almost here! And unfortunately for all the grill-lovers out there, this means it’s time to put your grill away for the winter season. Grills can be very expensive, and the last thing you want is to fire up your grill next spring only to find it has suffered from damage.
Follow these grill storage tips to keep your grill ready to go all summer long!
6 Tips for Storing a Grill Over Winter
- Clean the grill grates: Before storing your grill, it’s necessary to clean it thoroughly. Any burnt-on food leftover during storage could be a tasty snack to vermin. Turn the grill on and let it heat up the grill grates. Once the grates are hot, turn off the grill and scrub the grill grates with a grill brush to remove any leftover food.
- Disconnect the propane tank: The propane tank is the biggest safety hazard of storing a grill. Before storing your grill, turn off the gas and disconnect the propane tank. Always store your propane tank in an open and well-ventilated area and never in your house.
- Clean the outside of the grill: Clean the outside of the grill using water, soap and a cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners because they can damage the finish of the grill. Cleaning the outside of the grill can help you to avoid mold or corrosion from occurring. Once done cleaning the outside of the grill, empty and wash the drip pans.
- Use a gas grill cover: Protect your investment by using a gas grill cover. Your grill cover should be waterproof and fit securely around your grill. Before putting your grill cover on your grill, allow it time to thoroughly dry. A grill cover will prevent dust from settling on the grill, which can age it.
- Always store upright: Your grill was designed to be stored upright. Always leave it upright in storage.
- Store in a dry location: In order to prevent rust from forming on your grill, always store it in a dry location, free from fluctuations in temperature. If you don’t have space in your garage or basement to store your grill, consider a storage unit rental. Store Here Self Storage has climate controlled storage units that will protect your grill and other sensitive items from fluctuations in temperature.
Reserve a Climate Controlled Storage Unit for Household Storage Needs
Are you interested in renting a climate controlled storage unit to store your grill? Store Here Self Storage has climate controlled storage units all throughout Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, and Tennessee. If you’re looking to store just your grill and a few other outdoor items, consider a 5×5 storage unit. For storing a grill, outdoor basketball hoop and patio furniture, consider a 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit.
Reserve your storage unit today!