Home > Storage Resources > Moving Day Tips for a Less Stressful Day
Moving Day Tips for a Less Stressful Day
Is your moving day around the corner? No matter how prepared you are for the move, a moving day is always very stressful. Thankfully, there are a few easy tips you can follow to make your moving day easier. Try out these awesome tips below!
5 Important Things to Do on Moving Day
- Wake up early: On the day of your move, wake up nice and early. Even if you are fully packed, following this tip will help you to be prepared for whatever the day throws your way.
- Get last minute items together: Next, get together any last-minute items you need to pack. This may be a phone charger, a warmer jacket in case you get cold during the move and perishables from the kitchen.
- Wear comfortable clothes: Even if you hired movers to help with your move, it is still important to wear comfortable clothes. You will be moving around a lot, and this will help to keep you as comfortable as possible all day long.
- Hire a pet and baby sitter: On your moving day, it is a good idea to make arrangements to have a friend or family member watch both your kids and pets. The last thing you want on your moving day is distractions, and this will help to keep your pets and kids entertained so you can focus on your move.
- Guide your movers: Whether you hired movers or just friends or family members, your movers are there to help you. One of the best ways to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible is to guide them throughout the move. Make sure to instruct your movers on where you would like each box to go once they’re loaded inside of your new house.
Tips your movers: Once the move has been completed, don’t forget to tip your movers. While this is technically optional, it’s a nice gesture to thank your movers for the hard work.
Make Moving Easier With a Storage Unit Rental!
The stress of moving all of your belongings on one day can be a lot to handle. In order to make the move easier for yourself, consider renting a storage unit. A storage unit rental allows you to move any out-of-season items or items you will not need until sometime after your move. This will not only make it so you have less items to move on your moving day, it will also make your move more organized.
Are you looking for a storage facility near you? Store Here Self Storage has storage facilities in Alabama, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.
Reserve a traditional or temperature controlled storage unit with Store Here Self Storage today!