select a State to view locations
Tips for Organizing the Laundry Room
While the laundry room is a high-trafficked area for family members, that isn’t the case for household guests. This usually means that the laundry room doesn’t get cleaned or organized as often as the rest of the house. But, with such a high traffic area, keeping it organized can feel like a full-time job. Between cleaning products, laundry products, clean and dirty clothes, it may feel like this space was just made to be dirty! But, we’re here to help. Try out these tips for organizing the laundry room.
Organizing the Laundry Room in 6 Easy-to-Follow Steps
- Look for items to get rid of: it’s amazing how many items we have that we don’t actually need. Take a look around your laundry room for items you no longer need. For example, any broken hangers, old bottles of detergent, torn or old clothes can be thrown out. If you have laundry room decorations you no longer like, or clothes that no longer get worn, consider donating them.
- Look for laundry product duplicates: Do you have different brands of laundry detergent and dryer sheets cluttering your laundry room? Sort through the products to determine which ones you still use, which are expired or no longer good and which you should hold on to.
- Add more hanging space: Doesn’t it seem like we are always running out of hanging space for clean clothes? To increase hanging space, add tension rods to the walls.
- Create a product organization station: Keep the stain stick, detergent, dryer sheet and any other laundry projects together in one spot. This will not only help to make your laundry room look more organized, it will also help you to easily find things when you need it.
- Use separate baskets for different colors: Purchase a three-piece laundry hamper and designate a section for whites, colors and darks. When anyone in your house needs laundry done, instruct them to sort the clothes into the correct hamper.
- Add shelving for behind the door: Are you looking for additional storage space in your laundry room? Consider adding shelving behind your laundry room door. This is a great place to store additional cleaning products for your house, extra laundry supplies and more.
Organize Your House with a Storage Unit Rental!
We strive to be your storage and organization experts for both your household and life. For more storage, organization and life system related articles, check out our storage resources section.
Are you looking for a storage facility near you? Store Here has storage facilities in Alabama, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. Our storage facilities offer various sized storage units, including the 5×5, 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit. Reserve a storage unit with Store Here today!