Home > Storage Resources > Tips for Packing a Moving Truck
Tips for Packing a Moving Truck
Many people do not realize that there is actually a best way to pack a moving truck. Correctly packing your moving truck can not only help to protect your items, it can also make it easy to unload your truck into your new home. Make your move easier this by utilizing these 6 tips for loading a moving truck!
Loading a Moving Truck in 6 Easy Steps
- Rent the necessary supplies: If you are doing a DIY move without movers, we highly recommend you rent moving straps and a dolly with the moving truck. This will not only help to protect your items from damage, it can also prevent you from getting injured.
- Keep important items in the cab: Avoid misplacing or damaging any important items you are moving by placing them with you inside of the cab. When you arrive at your new home, this box should be brought inside first.
- Add heavy items in first: Heavy items like your appliances should be added to the moving truck first. These items can be placed in the front of the moving truck closet to the cab. Placing the heavy items in the front of the truck near the cab will help to support the weight of these items.
- Balance the weight on each side of the truck: Next, add in your next heaviest items on each side of the truck. This should be your couch, dresser, mattress and box springs.
- Place soft items in-between fragile items: Protect your pieces of furniture from rubbing and damaging each other by placing pillows, blankets, comforters and more between the furniture pieces. This will also help to prevent your furniture pieces from shifting around too much.
- Place Items you’ll need first in the back of the truck: If there are items you’ll need as soon as you get to your new home, place them in the back of the truck. This way, when you open the truck at your new home, they will be right in front.
Store Here Has
Are you downsizing homes? While downsizing your home into a smaller home can save you a great deal of money, it also might mean parting with some of your items you’d rather not part with. But, with a storage unit rental, it doesn’t have to be that way. A storage unit rental allows you to store items in a safe and secure location close to your home.
Store Here Self Storage has storage facilities all throughout the United States. We have storage facilities in Alabama, California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas and Wisconsin. Our storage locations have a wide variety of storage unit sizing, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve a storage unit today!