Home > Storage Resources > Getting a Head Start on Home Organization New Year’s Resolutions
Getting a Head Start on Home Organization New Year’s Resolutions
Around this time of the year, people start to think about making New Year’s Resolutions. Many involve losing weight, lifestyle changes or making advancements in careers, but a great deal also involve home organization goals. Changing yourself for the better is never a bad thing, but it can be very hard to stick to it. Instead of waiting until the New Year to start your resolutions, why not start now? The earlier you start, the earlier you can get closer to making the changes that really matter to you.
Home Organization Tips to Start Now
- Be Motivated by the Holidays: Why not kill two birds with one stone and start your home organization projects early enough for them to be ready by the holiday’s? This means that not only will you have the satisfaction of starting your Resolutions early, your guests will see your clean and organized home.
- Write Down Your Goals: Maybe you have a family party in the spring and want the house to look neater before then. Write that goal on a sticky pad and hang it in a high traffic area, like the refrigerator. This can help keep your goal in the front of your mind.
- Start Small: If your goal is to have a more organized and clutter free home, every night before bed have your kids help you organize. This task can be made fun. Purchase decorative storage containers to be used to store toys, school work and other small items. Set a timer and tell you kids you’re going to see who can pick up the most toys in a certain period of time. It’s fun, helpful and works like a charm.
- Pick One Room: If your goal is to have a more organized home by this time next year, choose one room to organize each month. This breaks the large goal down into smaller and more easily attainable goals.
- Consider a Storage Unit Rental: Let’s face it, no matter how good we are at organizing, sometimes we just need a little extra space. Seasonal items like holiday decorations, clothes and sports equipment can easily be stored in a storage unit and not your house. Imagine the space you would have if that closet that you use to store your miscellaneous
Are You Interested in Renting a Storage Unit?
Store Here has storage facilities throughout Alabama, California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, South Carolina, and West Virginia ready to meet your storage needs. Our storage facilities have storage unit sizes ranging from 5×10. Whether your storage need is big or small, we are confident we can find a storage solution that will meet your needs. Contact us today!