select a State to view locations
6 Tips for Staging a Home for Quick Sale
Are you thinking about selling your home this year? Spring and summer are popular times for moving, which means that there are a lot of buyers out there looking to take advantage of the season. Did you know that staging your home can help it to sell faster? Check out this blog for some important home staging tips!
6 Essential Home Staging Tips
- Take photos before and after home staging: In all of the frenzy of getting your home ready to sell, this step is often overlooked. Before you stage each room, take a picture of how it looks pre-staged. Just because you staged a smaller room as a workout room does not mean they will want it that way and having images of the pre-staged room will help the buyer to better envision the space how they’d like it to look.
- Declutter: One of the easiest ways to make your home look more organized is to declutter. Spend time combing through each room and pulling out items you no longer want or need. These items should be split into piles labeled “keep”, “store”, “donate” and “throw out”.
- Don’t be afraid to rearrange rooms: What might have worked for you, may not be necessarily appealing to all renters. While you likely designed your home to be comfortable and ideal for your family, it may look neater or trendier if it’s organized in a different way.
- Focus on curb appeal: While staging the interior of your home is great, it is important to also take into account the exterior of your home. The first thing any potential buyer will see is the outside of your home, and you want it to make a good impression on potential buyers.
- Take quality pictures for your listing: Make sure your online listing has updated quality pictures for your listing. After spending so much time staging your home, it is important that potential buyers can see your hard work.
- Add homey touches: Small homey touches can go a long way. Place a vase of flowers in the kitchen and hang hand towels in each bathroom. This will help to add small touches your potential buyers can relate to.
Make Space to Declutter with a Storage Unit Rental
Decluttering for selling your home can be difficult because any potential buyer will see the basement, garage and closets where items are usually stashed out of the way. When you are selling your home, consider investing in a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to store any items you don’t want potential buyers to see out of sight.
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? Store Here has storage facilities all throughout the United States, including in: Alabama, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin! Our storage facilities offer convenient storage unit sizes, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit.
Reserve a storage unit with Store Here today!