select a State to view locations
Renting Vs Buying a Home: The Pros and Cons of Both
Are you thinking about buying a house? The decision to become a homeowner is one of the most important choices you can make. It’s a huge step to purchase a home, especially if you’ve been a renter for several years. Before buying a home, it’s important to consider what works best for you. In this post, we’ll explore some of the pros and cons of both buying and renting a home.
Should I Buy or Rent?
Advantages of Buying a Home
- You’re in charge: When you buy a house, you have complete control over your property. Do you want to remodel the kitchen? Go right ahead! Thinking about adding a deck? Sure, why not? You don’t need your landlord’s permission and you can make changes as you please.
- Tax breaks and benefits: You may receive additional tax deductions when you buy a home. This benefit of homeownership can help you get a higher refund during tax season.
- Stability and building equity: You won’t have to worry about rent increases if you buy a home. And, if your home’s value increases and you decide to sell, you can cash in on the equity on your property.
The Benefits of Renting
- Less maintenance: Unlike buying, when you rent a home, you aren’t responsible for 100% of the maintenance repairs and costs. You might be responsible for minor repairs and appliance upkeep, but big maintenance issues are handled by someone else.
- Less initial expense: Your security deposit is a minor cost compared to a down payment. If you buy a house, you’ll need to have a minimum of 3.5% of the purchase price available to put down. Financial experts often recommend putting down even more than that to minimize your interest costs.
- Better budgeting: You’ll be able to budget much easier if you rent a home. Your home related expenses should be the same every month. When you buy a home, you have to be ready to deal with any maintenance repairs and broken appliances that need replacing. It’s more difficult to budget because you’ll never know when something might happen.
Storage Unit Rentals for Rentals and Homeowners
Regardless of whether you decide to buy or rent, a storage unit rental is helpful either way. You can keep your home organized and neat by storing seasonal items, sports equipment, clothing, and much more.
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? With self-storage facilities throughout the United States, our team is ready to assist with all of your storage needs. Reserve your storage unit today!