select a State to view locations
How to Declutter Your Home Fast: Try Out These 6 Tips!
During this time of the year, it is very common to make New Year’s resolutions. One popular one is to declutter the home. Decluttering the home can help you to make room for what really matters and get used everyday. Try out these 6 decluttering tips!
6 Tips for Decluttering Your Home
- Start small: If this is your first time decluttering your home, it is important to start small. For example, since the living room is generally not as crowded as other rooms, start with the living room. Once you finish decluttering the living room, move onto the next room.
- Set an incentive: Tell yourself that if you have your home decluttered by a certain date, you can throw a party. This will not only help you to prioritize your decluttering goals, it will also help to incentivize you to finish your goal.
- Be critical with your items: It is common to have old clothes, furniture that doesn’t get used and equipment from old hobbies cluttering your home. Be honest with yourself, if you haven’t used the items within the last year, get rid of them.
- Drop the guilt: One reason people typically hold onto items is because they feel guilty getting rid of them. For example, maybe your mother-in-law bought you a winter sweater years ago that you have yet to even take the tags off of. It can be hard to get rid of items like this, but it is essential when decluttering your home.
- Re-think how you buy: It is important to identify the habits that led to your home becoming cluttered in the first place. One common problem is buying items because they are on sale. Maybe you have always wanted to go backpacking and found some hiking shoes that were too good to pass up. Well years later, these shoes have yet to see the light of day. Instead of buying items because you hope to use them in the future, wait and purchase items when you actually need them. This tip will help to prevent your home from becoming too cluttered.
- Continue to declutter: When all is said and done, it is important to still declutter as you go. Spend an hour a month combing through your items and continuing to declutter. This will help to prevent your home from getting too cluttered again.
Make Room with a Storage Unit!
As you start to declutter, you may just realize that you have too many belongings. And try as you might to declutter your home, there are too many items that you just want to keep. This is where we come into play. Store Here has storage facilities in Alabama, California, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. Reserve a storage unit today!